Internet is not accessible everywhere on the Peninsula
16 - Coaker Factory Building, Port Union
HOURS:9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Founded in 1995, the Sir William F. Coaker Heritage Foundation is dedicated to the preservation and development of the Historic District of Port Union. Coaker, union leader and founder of Port Union, established The Fishermen's Protective Union in 1908 and the town of Port Union nine years later. He built the FPU Factory/Advocate building in 1920, site of The Fishermen’s Advocate — a union newspaper headed that was printed until the 1980s. Currently home to an interpretation centre and museum, the building was recognized as Registered Heritage Structure in 2002.