Internet is not accessible everywhere on the Peninsula
24 - Hiscock House, Trinity
HOURS:9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
With its steeply pitched gable roof, this heritage structure is a typical Trinity merchant’s house and an important example of nineteenth century outport vernacular architecture. Built in 1881 for Richard Hiscock, a blacksmith, the property included a shop (attached to the house), a woodhouse, cellar, barn, forge and outhouse. Richard drowned in 1893, leaving his wife Emma with six young children. To support her family, Emma ran the shop and a post office, and rented out part of the house to a bank. Now a designated Provincial Historic Site, Hiscock House and the remaining two structures— the shop and the cellar—were purchased by the province in 1978. The house and shop were restored to the 1910 state, and operate today as a community museum and craft shop. An interpretation centre has been added to the house.
23 - Lester-Garland House, Trinity